The short-medium term specific aims are,
- To design the main retrospective registry-based cohort study and integrating advanced laboratory parameters to establish a cohort for HIV-aging research
- To develop and implement novel technologies for single-cell isolation, detection and molecular profiling that can be useful in high throughput basic and translational research.
- To understand and identify a frame of reference and discover novel biomarkers of immune-aging using cell subset-specific proteotranscriptomic study, with potential use for clinical intervention.
- To identify altered metabolic patterns that can provide opportunities to target the immune aging process through metabolic interference therapeutically.
- To validate the novel biomarkers identified from the –omics studies and to understand the cellular mechanism of immune-aging.
The long-term goal is to establish and follow-up a longitudinal cohort to study HIV-related aging with an aim to implement a multidisciplinary collaborative research infrastructure future research plans leading to improved quality-of-life in PLHIV in Sweden and globally. We aim to expand the activities, by sustained sharing of technology, protocols, and structured data collections between the partner to fuel and maintain cooperation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]